This came from a March 2009 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. They photographed ten containers of popcorn, and each container had been mixed with some other ingredients, so they all looked yummy. I’m guessing that most of these would be best mixed in small batches, because the popcorn goes stale really fast otherwise.
This would be a good way to stretch expensive snack foods, like Doritos, on a tight budget. Crunch ’em up slightly and mix ’em with popcorn.
BHG suggests mixing your popcorn with:
- Teriyaki sauce, wasabi peas, and rice crackers
- Pizza seasoning and sliced pepperoni
- Banana chips, shaved dark chocolate, and toasted coconut
- Cherry twizzlers bits, red cinnamon candies, and pink sugar
- Chipotle chili powder, corn chips, and lime juice
- Honey graham cereal, marshmallows, and cocoa
- Curry powder, dried mixed fruit, and yogurt-covered raisins
- Pretzels, peanuts, and m&ms
- Fresh herbs (e.g., rosemary or thyme), melted butter, and parmesan cheese
- Caramel sauce and cheddar cheese